Editor's note: Comments published in
the Open Line reflect the views of the caller, and not The Sentinel. Comments are verified when
possible, but should be taken as opinion, rather than statements of fact.
Comments should be brief and to the point. Longer comments will be shortened. Comments in response to signed letters will not be printed. Callers do not need to identify themselves.
* I don't understand something. People on welfare, that never worked a day in their life, they get an income tax return on money they never earned, but seniors cannot file income tax because they aren't eligible to get it back. That makes no sense. They earned that money and deserve to get an income tax return, not the lazy people on welfare.
* It's taken me 25 years to get to $15 an hour. Now people can just walk in and earn $25 an hour? What a terrible idea.
* As a taxpaying citizen in Armagh Township I am getting tired of going to the township meetings and it ends up like a three-ring circus. I have to put up with a small group that won't shut their mouths and act childish. You make it tough for people to ask legitimate questions.
* I want someone from the state police to explain (why) it is ok for them to speed and not us?
* I was wondering what the street sweeping schedule was? I noticed that West Fifth Street wasn't done again. People are parking there and police are not ticketing them.
* How can you tell when president Obama is lying? A. He glances at his feet before speaking. B. His eyebrows arch. C. His lips are moving.
* I am a life long resident of Armagh Township and I am appalled and troubled by the actions of our citizens. They are being childish and being totally wrong. This is no way to get anything done. Please act like adults at the next meeting and everything will go better.
* Is it legal to hunt deer with paintball guns? I know some people that are doing it.