* The third annual Trent Hebert memorial home run derby will be held at 9 a.m. May 17 at Kish Park. $10 entry fee. Age groups:?8-9, 10, 11, 12.
* Tryouts for the Mifflin County American Legion baseball team (16-19-year-olds) will be held at 1 p.m. May 17 at the Rec Park baseball field. More information:?Bernie Howard at 994-3218 or Chuck Curry at 250-1915.
* Midd-West Youth Football/Cheerleading Association will hold registration for the 2014 Fall season from 10 a.m.-noon every Saturday in May at the MACC in Beaver Springs. More information:?Nate Zechman at (570) 658-7277.
* The Reedsville Horseshoe Club will have signups 6 p.m. May 6 at the youth park in Reedsville. Competition begins May 13 at the same location.
* Logan Guards 5K run/walk for Lincoln will be held at 9 a.m. May 3 at the Lewistown monument. Entry fee is $15 until April 23 or then $20 on race day, with a $5 discount for those 13 and younger. Register by April 23 to be guaranteed a T-shirt. Registration forms are available at the historical society office in the old Mifflin County courthouse; Falkner Technologies, Market Street, Lewistown; the Lewistown branch of the Mifflin County Library; and Mifflin County High School; or can be downloaded from the Juniata Valley Striders and historical society Facebook pages. More information: 242-1022.
* Race for Her 5K?will be held May 10 at 9 a.m., starting at Cameo Kitchens, across from Midway Drive-In in Mifflintown. Discounted pre-registration continues through May 2. More information:?firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Juniata High School alumni game will be played at 9 a.m. May 10. Cost is $20, which includes a T-shirt. More information:?Jamie Sheaffer at 991-7596.
* Basketball School for boys and girls entering grades 1-6 will be held Tuesdays through Thursdays from 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Camp is led by Mifflin County boys coach Aaron Gingrich and girls coach Roger Herto. There is a fee. Register at the YMCA. More information:?248-5019.
Sports notices may be e-mailed to email@example.com or reported via phone at 248-6741, ext. 108. The editor reserves the right to edit or reject any notice. Notices will appear for a maximum of two weeks unless previously approved by the editor.