To the editor:
I have asked many people how intelligent individuals could vote for President Obama. Finally, Mr. Harry M. Geedey has enlightened me. If someone could please answer some of my questions, it would be most welcome.
1. National debt: Suppose every time you spend $100 at the grocery store you must immediately go to the bank and borrow $40 of this one hundred, every time. And you do this for four years. This is precisely what President Obama does, hence $6 trillion in new debt. Remember, you, your kids and grandkids will have to repay this debt. How can this be good for your family or our country?
2. Socialistic redistribution of wealth: President Obama definitely practices this policy. How can you claim to be against socialism when in fact you vote for him?
3. The 1990s tax rate: Yes, let's go back to those rates, but let's also go back to that level of spending. Remember, it was the conservative Speaker of the House (Newt Gingrich) who gave us four consecutive years of balanced budgets. Did you notice the word "conservative"?
4. Obamacare: It means higher taxes for everyone, not just the rich. (The tax on the rich that the president demands will fund the government for only eight and one half days.) Do you think this "rich" tax will make any dent in our deficit or is this more likely just class warfare?
5. Social Security: The President proposed to take more than $716 billion from it. Do you believe this action will help save Social Security or is it just another tax increase? Tell me, what is his actual plan for saving Social Security?
6. Gasoline: It was $1.85 per gallon when Mr. Obama took office. Now it is around $3.69 per gallon. Do you think this is extremely hurtful to the poor of our country? What will it be in four more years?
7. The Tea Party: I am a member. It stands for smaller government, lower taxes, fiscal responsibility and fewer regulations. We fight for freedom. What don't you like about the Tea Party?
8. Benghazi: Four Americans were murdered, including our U.S. Ambassador. This happened two months ago and no one in the administration has told us the truth about this. They have all lied and very much including our president.
I take no pleasure in writing this letter, nor do I think I know all the answers, but I hope someone may have learned a little today. If you knew all of these things prior to Nov. 6 how could you possibly vote for a man who is "fundamentally changing the United States of America"?