Versatile khakis are a fav warm weather go-to. Their neutral color lends itself to any mix and match outfit. Here are 10 tips to help get it right when wearing khakis.
1. Find the right color. Choose a light stone shade - It feels (and looks) cooler than dark or tan tones.
2. Pick 100 percent cotton for a looser shape. Cotton blends tend to be slightly fitted.
3. Dress up your khakis with a bold necklace or metallic heels. Go for a laid back vibe with a chambray shirt, flowy tank and ankle booties.
4. Pair slightly slouchy khakis with a cropped jacket and a tucked-in top to create a sculpted midsection.
5. A slightly wider leg in a lightweight fabric is the perfect khaki for the office.
6. For weekend wear, choose a cuffed cropped style. A stretch fabric creates a flattering fit.
7. Watch the fit -If you are under 5 feet 4 inches, go for a slightly straighter cut, so it doesn't overwhelm.
8. Create curves. Try pleats to fake an hourglass figure.
9. Khakis accommodate nearly every color. Just avoid wearing a shade of khaki that is similar to the shade of the top.
10. A popular trend is to wear a flowing scarf in place of a traditional brown belt.
The final thought to give when creating an outfit based on khaki pants is the choice of accessories. An outfit can be dressed up with eye catching jewelry as long as the top is less dramatic. Be careful of wearing black accessories. If the top is not black, the black accessory will detract and overpower the look.
Contact Jacquie Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org