Do you hate the hassle and crazy fees of checking luggage? Start you next vacation a little more stress free by making the most of one bag. Here are ten tips for maximizing your mini suitcase.
1. Under packing should be avoided as much as over-packing. If clothes have room to shift around they tend to get wrinkled.
2. Plan to wear your bulkiest layers on the plane. They won't eat up space in your bag and you'll be prepared for chilly cabin temperatures.
3. Stuff the toes of shoes to be packed with small items like socks, toiletries, and jewelry.
4. Don't fold jeans, pajamas and T-shirts, but roll them tightly instead. This means fewer creases and more space.
5. Make use of space travel bags or any clear plastic bags to safeguard anything snag-prone or leaky.
6. A leather pouch can double as a toiletries bag and an evening clutch.
7. Always separate your lights, brights, and darks when packing. This will prevent colors from spreading. Be extra cautious with suede shoes.
8. Pack with a specific palette in mind. Two neutrals with one standout shade will make mixing and matching a total breeze.
9. Keep a toiletry bag packed 24-7 with travel-size toothpaste and mini bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc. This way you are not forced to toss in full-sized containers at the last minute.
10. When the vacation is over, wrap any souvenirs in rolled tees or socks to keep safe,
When faced with vacation packing the tendency is to pack way too much. Remember you can usually purchase anything you have forgotten. A good time does not depend on what you are wearing.
Contact Jacquie Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.