From flirty bikinis to sleek one-pieces, there are plenty of new trends and flattering fits in this season's swimsuit selection. Here are 10 tips on how to look hot, while keeping cool, in your swimsuit.
1. Look for details that flatter! If you need some help on top, choose a push up, underwire or wider straps to create a more shapely effect. Flirty ruffles will create fuller layers to enhance your shape.
2. When choosing a bikini a lower-rise, smaller cut bottom works well on most people. Wide ties at the side are good if you are hippy. Although it may seem counterintuitive, they help stretch out the suit and emphasize a slimmer waistline.
3. Cutouts on any style of suit will give the illusion of an hourglass figure by creating shapes.
4. Ruching and ruffles across the bodice help camouflage the belly area. Choose a style with shapewear or Spanx built into the suit. These body adjusters help cinch the waist.
5. For an effective bottom disguiser, go for a one-piece with a plunging or embellished neckline that will draw attention upward.
6. Go for a snug fit. Wrinkles in the top or a bottom that sags means the suit is too big. Be sure to adjust all straps and ties when trying on a suit.
7. A swimsuit featuring a deep V in front will flatter a long torso. Look for a higher-rise bottom or styles with high cut legs.
8. Blush, plum and mocha shades flatter every skin tone. If you really want to get noticed choose one of this season's citrus neon colors in a one shoulder, one piece suit.
9. Black swimsuits are sophisticated and timeless. Whether totally simple or embellished with hardware, clean-lined suits in black are effortlessly stylish.
10. Add a little jewelry to your total look. It's a great way to inject some personality. Pick colored beads or metal pieces that feel special but unobtrusive. Remember they have to withstand the sand and surf.
A healthy glow sets off whatever style, color of print you choose. Apply a little self tanner before you begin to shop for a new swimsuit. To keep your new swimsuit looking great, rinse after every wear and lay it out to dry promptly. Remember, swimsuits are not washer and dryer friendly!
Contact Jacquie Bennett at email@example.com.