Your most important sunny weather accessory is a pair of sunglasses. Vanity mandates that they must not only be functional, but flattering also. Here are 10 tips to help you find the pair that best frames your face.
1. Most frames work on an oval face. You can pull off lots of shapes and widths. Have fun with bolder pairs from cat-eyes to chunky frames.
2. If you have a heart-shaped face the trick is to find frames that minimize the width of the top of the face and add width below the eye line to offset a narrow chin. Choose frames that are wider at the bottom or styles with low temples to add balance.
3. When the goal is to make the face appear longer and thinner look for frames that are wider than they are deep. Metal styles with adjustable nose pads also keep lenses from resting on fuller checks.
4. Try oversize, round or oval sunglasses to bring a long face into proportion. Small or narrow frames with hard angles will only make your face appear longer.
5. Look for frames that have some curve or uplift to draw attention away from a structured jaw. Round frames soften the jaw. Aviator and wrap styles are also good choices.
6. Add a shot of glam with snake or leopard patterns in oval and square shapes.
7. Translucent frames are fun, casual and come in many colors. You can choose subtle shades or go bold.
8. Update your look with round, retro style frames. Look cool and fashion forward.
9. Cat-eye sunglasses are chic and feminine. In neutral tones they are extra versatile.
10. When shopping for frames be sure to get the right size. Avoid frames that press against your head or slide down your nose.
When trying on a pair of sunglasses be sure to look at the lenses. Your eyes should be right in the center. If they are not, the frames are too wide. Remember sunglasses are your most important fashion accessory in the months ahead. Choose wisely!
Contact Jacquie Bennett at email@example.com.