June is the "official" wedding month and the invitations come pouring in. Here are 10 tips to help you solve that "What do I wear?" question.
1. For a daytime wedding, choose a lady-like dress. Floral prints, full skirts and soft ruffles are perfectly girlie. Wear with neutral heels, wedges or flats. Daytime make-up should be fresh - pale lips, soft eyes and a simple blowout.
2. For evening, go sophisticated. A sleek updo adds polish. Add black eyeliner and a bright lip color for a bold finish.
3. A cute clutch made from a woven material or a pastel color will add interest to any outfit for an afternoon wedding. For evening choose a fancy clutch in gold or silver. Black satin embellished with bows of ruffles also works.
4. Flats are best if you are going to be in the grass or sand. If the ceremony is inside and more traditional, go for heels. Choose metallics, satin or sparkle that will stand out.
5. Opt for cheery colors. Pretty shades and patterns help set the mood.
6. Don't be afraid to go glam, without being over the top, in luxe fabrics and gorgeous colors.
7. The one shoulder style dress is bold and on trend.
8. Dresses with stand-out details that aren't ultra bare work best. While black is appropriate, accent with a little color. Never wear all white to a wedding!
9. Shiny fabrics, romantic details and sparkly accents from your dress to your shoes lend a festive blend.
10. Keep chills away with versatile but refined cover-ups. Scarves in pale pretty shades feel sophisticated when wrapped around the neck or shoulders. Sweaters in lightweight no-button drapy styles look polished, but don't add bulk.
Getting dressed up to attend a wedding is fun - just remember that the goal isn't to be the center of attention. After all, it is the bride's special day.
Contact Jacquie Bennett at email@example.com.