Every woman needs a hot "go to" handbag. The perfect bag is one that you can grab as you walk out the door and know it will look good, no matter where you are off to. Here are 10 of this spring's hottest handbags.
1. Envelope bag - Wear this thin and refined accessory both day and night. The over-the-shoulder strap is featured in thin leather, linked chain or a combination of both. Choose from bright candy colors, pastels or neutrals.
2. Saddle bag - This pouch style purse is roomy but not oversize. Wear it over your shoulder or cross-body style.
3. Perforated bag - Reminiscent of the granny peep toes of yesteryear this fresh texture has a cool of-the-moment look.
4. Tall totes - With an average height of 15 inches, these carryalls hold everything you need. Try a classic style with a pretty dress and cool sandals.
5. Mini bags - These bags are the perfect grab and go style. With just enough room for your must-haves it's a great lightweight option. Draping them across the body frees up you hands. (P.S. I call mine "the shopping purse!") Husbands beware when we walk out of the house sporting the mini bag!
6. Structured duffle - Fashioned after the soft sided over-night bag, this handbag slips comfortably over the arm. Bright prints and colors amp up the classic refined shape.
7. Bow clutches - The clutch has long been the favorite choice of evening bags. This season the standard bag has way more personality sporting a bow crafted out of the same fabric.
8. Drawstrings - Slouchy one strapped drawstring bags are laid back and low-slung. Not meant for dress up events, they have major weekend appeal.
9. Square purses - Short-strap square purses have a way of dressing up shorts, a dress and anything in between. The most popular styles have leather/chain link handles.
10. Satchels- This shape comes in clean lines or with chunkier details this season. Both work with almost any outfit.
No matter what the style or shape of this spring's handbags, it's all about the color. Bright green, orange, cobalt blue and aqua will add a lively touch to any outfit. The bolder, the better!
Contact Jacquie Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.